Welcome to Liberia
- Capital of Liberia: Monrovia
- Population of Liberia: 3.5 million - 40th in Africa
- Size of Liberia: 111,369 km2 - 39th in Africa
- Languages in Liberia: English
Founded by freed American and Caribbean slaves, Liberia today has a population of primarily indigenous Africans, but maintains certain links with the United States. One such link comes in the music and wider culture of the main urban areas, where hip-hop influences abound among traditional African rhythms, dress styles, and dance trends. Beaches close to the capital remain some of the main places to visit in Liberia, as exploring the inland areas away from the main towns represents a risk for foreign visitors without an accompanying local guide.
105. Jerrilyn Mulbah / Leka / DNQ