Welcome to Mauritius
- Capital of Mauritius: Port Louis
- Population of Mauritius: 1.3 million - 47th in Africa
- Size of Mauritius: 2,040 km2 - 52nd in Africa
- Languages in Mauritius: English is the official language, but French and Creole are widely spoken.
A small but surprisingly multicultural island in the Indian Ocean, Mauritius sits just east of Madagascar and offers a white-sand coastline lapped by sapphire waters. The contrasts of colors, tastes, and cultures here makes a vacation in Mauritius richly rewarding, with plenty to do along the coast and deeper inland. A tour of Mauritius usually includes long stops at the island's beaches, which serve as launching points for deep-sea fishing trips, dolphin-watching excursions, and scuba diving adventures. Farther away from the water, you can discover a paradise for hikers and nature lovers. Mauritius is made for explorations on foot, with several volcanic summits and a large national park sheltering abundant species of indigenous plants and birds.
On avait rêvé
125. Mélanie René / On avait rêvé / DNQ