Welcome to Myanmar
- Capital of Myanmar: Naypyidaw
- Population of Myanmar: 56.5 million - 12th in Asia
- Size of Myanmar: 676,578 km2 - 10th in Asia
- Languages in Myanmar: Burmese, around 100 tribal languages and dialects.
Closed to Western travelers for most of the 20th century, Myanmar draws an increasing number of visitors with its gilded pagodas and elaborately decorated temples. Visitors looking for sun and sand opt to vacation on Myanmar's many isolated beaches, ideal for escaping the modern world and kicking back with a drink and a book. In the cities, savvy shoppers easily find bargains on high-quality textiles, antiques, traditional tapestries, and precious stones. A well-rounded Myanmar itinerary also includes a few leisurely activities, like drinking tea at a cozy teahouse, enjoying a hearty meal at a family-run eatery, and pausing to contemplate at a centuries-old Buddhist shrine.
152. Ah Moon / Little butterflies / DNQ